Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Some Observations

Jordan was happy to allow Mark to hold him and smiled at him -- at first. Then it was as if he realized that he didn't really know this guy and started looking slightly distressed. Then he put his head into Mark's chest and pushed with his hands and feet to get away from him.

Michael hasn't been able to hold the baby yet (baby night night) so pray he will remember his Daddy and Daddy's heart won't break. All will be well in a couple of days so I'm not really worried about it, but that's what I observed this morning.

Mark is being treated like a long-lost friend. It's so strange to have my child be gone for two months and then come back so much bigger and, bigger. His wrists are as large as a soda can! Tomorrow he will be taller than I am, he's growing so fast. I guess this is what happens when one is 13.

I made two lemon cakes yesterday (one of Michael's favorites) and we think we will eat them between meals and maybe even FOR meals--just this once. ;-)

Cleaning, for me, is therapeutic on many levels. I have realized that even though Michael says he doesn't care about the cleanliness of his home, or even the orderliness of it (except for socks and other unmentionables), I have observed that I clean for him as much as for myself. I know that he appreciates it even if he doesn't know it. Does that even makes sense?

Michael is on an emotional high right now, having accomplished something that was out of reach for a long time. I pray that he finds what he is looking for here in Texas, and that all his dreams come true. So far he is very optimistic and likes what he sees!

It's weird to have been here for two months without him getting used to things at the same time as the rest of us have been. I no longer look out the window and wonder when things will look familiar. I look at the weather, the trees moving in the almost constant breeze, and the birds playing on the back fence. I visualize the grass not having 100000000 weeds and so many spiders and us out there enjoying the backyard. When I get in the car, I don't wonder which way to drive because I know now how to get to our regular stomping grounds. Michael will be getting used to things and I get to watch that. He will master the roads in about three days, whereas it has taken me these two months.

We are on different planes at this time, and that is strange. It will be all the same soon; it's no big deal, really. For 19 years we have been in the same place at the same time so this is something new.

The weather today is warm and slightly overcast. Kind of yucky, actually. Supposed to rain in the next couple of days. Tonight we are going to one of Michael's favorite places to eat, Steak N Shake. There were those in Missouri when he was growing up. He says that they are close second to In-N-Out's burgers.

That's all for now.

Blessings to everyone. Leave a comment and I'll publish it here if it's not too mushy. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the clan has been reunited!!

Rebecca said...

This won't be mushy. :)

I'm so glad the Lord brought your husband and Mark safely there! Can't imagine moving to a new area, without Dad and Brother along. . .would be soooooo hard.

I'll continue to pray for you all, and looking forward to pictures!!