Yesterday we had four strong and strapping young men come over to hurl furniture. They seemed to have a wonderful time! We sure are thankful for them. Zach said, "Thanks for having me" when I thanked him for helping. What a wonderful bunch of manlymen. :-)
Today we are having to finish the second trailer and be completely out of this house. At about 3 pm I am going to take the smaller children and all our "camping gear" and go to my mom's. There, I'll make dinner and wait for instructions. I don't expect to see the rest of the family until later tonight. There are a lot of details to work out before the end of the day. We don't know where we will stay for the three days but we'll work it out.
Our fervent hope, prayer, and plan is to leave California by Tuesday, as early as possible.
We need a lot of help again today and we have requests out there for people to come over, if even for an hour.
Something interesting happened yesterday. Our city is in the midst of re-paving the streets in our neighborhood. The U-Pack is scheduled to be picked up Monday but we didn't have a firm time. We had to make a few phone calls to the city street paving guy and the moving company to avoid the trailer being impounded by the city if it's not picked up by 10 am. That problem was averted, thank God! They were really nice, but at first when the "impound" word came up, there was a bit of concern.
We appreciate any prayers on our behalf. Also, all this exertion in the cold is taking its toll and prayers for our continued health are especially coveted! I have the Cold-Eeze out and I plan to get some garlic today to admininster to the troops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for naming specific prayer requests, it helps to know exactly what you need! God bless!
Post a Comment