Our plans change day-to-day, and it frustrates us as much as it probably does everyone else. We need to be out of this house by Saturday, so we will probably have to stay w/ my mom or some friends until Thursday morning when we will have to hit the road in order to meet the U-Pack. Expect that plan to change, though.
We are all relieved tonight to be as far along as we are. Currently, we are living w/ bare minimum essentials. It's actually quite nice.
Everyone has been working so hard. My mom has been here for three days packing up the kitchen and a whole bunch of other things while I ran around like a chicken w/ my head cut off. Michael was so tired I thought he would fall over. We thought Luke had broken his toe but it is only bruised. Paul hurt his foot/ankle, and Mark has overused the ankle that he sprained last summer. Matthias did something to his ankle and it has some cuts, but not bad. I just hear all day long how someone is hurt. Brandon (family friend) was so exhausted that he almost got sick and had to go home early (he had overdone it yesterday at ball practice, then at some other event in the evening).
When we disconnected the water line from the fridge, whoever originally connected it did it weird and we had water water everywhere and I had to dash to the hardware store for a cap fitting. I am not the best person to send there. It took three employees to find what we needed, then I had to leave the store and return with some actual money so I could pay for the item.
I won't even go into my behavior at Costco last night. Let's just say it's a good thing I was only buying four items. We are really doing well, considering.
In the past three days I have said a few times that I used to think I was the Queen of Decluttering. I have repented of that thought and plan to assume that title asap.
Thank you all for your prayers. Michael has some jobs to do and I am not going ahead of him after all. I will wait for him to finish before we get going next week. It really has to happen then, because our stuff will arrive and we have to meet it.
No comments:
Post a Comment