Monday, February 18, 2008

~ ~ Hotel Del Grammio ~ ~

We are staying at my mom's house, which is very cute and decorated. I love the look of her house, even if it is miles away from how I could ever do my home! We have air mattresses, hot showers, a refrigerator and full kitchen, and even a heater! It's nice, and we are thankful.

Today was a more restful day for most of us. Michael worked and took care of things for the move, but Rachael had the privilege of reading some classic literature and Paul is working on a movie with his uncle. The little boys got to make a fort, use a drill and hammers, and they even got to use the manual rototiller to tidy up Grammy's garden. I am finally beat; the adrenaline has worn off. I am aiming for my bed asap!

Michael is with Mr. VD, as he is "fresh out of wisdom" today. There are decisions to be made and he needs help making them. One has to do with whether he stays here to finish a "big" job and sends me on ahead or whether I stay, too. I really do not want to drive all that way w/ seven children and then supervise others unloading the two trailers. It seems like a huge responsibility -- one that I don't feel up to the task of undertaking. I prayed for the Lord to ready my heart for whatever He has planned for me/us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marci~

Thinking about you here in Phoenix, and praying for a safe and fun journey for you all.

Have a wonderful adventure!

Shani
(from the old MIH board :)

Anonymous said...

HI Marci and family, just wanted to let you know we are praying for safe travels!! I will be awaiting updates on your blog!! :)

~Cheryl (momys)

ckl616 said...

Mrs. Marci ~ I sign in about every day to see how you're doing!!! I have missed 'seeing' you on the MTH site! I pray all is going well for you...you have GOT to be getting weary of all this upheaval! I hope and pray that you are well on your way even as I type this note to you....Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. P,

Just wanted to check in with you to see how things are going? I know youa re probably still getting settled in TX, but we miss you on the Making It Home email group, and would love to see more blog posts.

Love and blessings!
Lori (in CA)