This has to be quick, as I have to get home to the baby. I am at the library. We hope to get our internet set up this week.
We made it, arriving on Feb. 25. It was not fun. Not much to see on the way, either.
It was sweltering hot the day we drove in, then it got freezing cold and windy the next two days, then it was warm and beautiful for four days, then it rained cats, dogs, cows, and horses. Then it snowed. All in a week. We like it, though.
We had three wonderful families come and unload our trailers, then organize the house. It was amazing. We had 31 children, ages 21 to four mos., all in the house (or outside), at one time!
This has been an amazing experience, one that I hope never to duplicate. Except for the good parts.
Michael is still not here but hopes to be in about 10 days. Time is standing still because I keep saying he will be here in 10 days. He has Mark with him so he is not lonely or anything.
I will update when I can. Thanks for your prayers. We have lots more to say but I am rushed at the moment.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to see an update! I've been wondering what's been going on, and am happy to hear you are safely "settled" there in Texas. :) Looking forward to hearing more about your new home, friends, life, etc!
So glad to finally "hear" from you! Glad all is relatively well. Can't wait to hear more! Love and prayers, Carey in CA
Don't you just love Texas weather? It is never consistant except for in the summer...it consistantly stays in the high 90's and 100's. Hope you are all having fun and getting settled in!
God Bless,
Katie
I have been checking your blogspot every couple of days and praying for you! I am SO glad to see you have arrived and are safe...even if not totally 'sane' yet! What a move you must have had! I've driven that route down south...Route 66,and there certainly is not one single thing to see ~ You are right about that! I can't imagine how bored all your little ones were! Way to go, Mom! You made it....and I must say, you are a 'better woman than I'!!! LOL!!! Blessings to you, Cheryl from the MIH BB!
Glad to see you are "there", looking forward to hearing more ~ take care of that baby, his little friend Abigayle is sorry to not get to know him better... Say hello to all the kids from us all....Mary & family... The Californian's you left behind!!
Post a Comment